A Level Results
The Academy opened in September 2014, replacing Battersea Park School, and in just one year the average grade for students studying A-levels has risen to a B. Against last year’s data, this would have placed the school well inside the top 10% when compared to state schools nationally.
Our A level results are the best in the Harris Federation and the best in Wandsworth, an incredible the average points score has risen from 192 to 228 in one year. This improvement is unheard of with 78% of our pupils going to University and 18% Russell group universities. All our students have left with placements at university, employment and apprenticeships to start with. A brilliant achievement.
Overall, 65% of A-level entries this year achieved A*, A or B grades. 88% of entries were graded A*-C.
Amidst the Academy’s success, notable individual achievements include:
· Jerome Valencia who earned an A* and two As and will study Law at York University;
· Akrem Itel who also achieved an A* and two As to read Maths at London School of Economics;
· Davis Zura achieved an A grade in History and a Distinction in IT to earn a place at Kings to study Computer Science;
· Sheriff Okensanjo achieved an A* and 2Bs and will study Biology at Queen Mary’s University
· Anastasija Fadjeva achieved an A*, A and a Merit and will study Fine Art at the University of Middlesex
· Nicholas Pereira da Silva achieved an A grade in Maths and a triple distinction* in Business. He will study Business and Finance at the University of Leeds
David Moody, Principal of the Academy, said: “The achievement of our Sixth Formers this year has been remarkable; they have worked so hard throughout the year and have given everything that has been asked of them. The reward of excellent grades and the University places that they have won is well-deserved and we are incredibly proud of every single student. Our A-level performance now means that Harris Battersea will rank as one of the best state schools in the Borough and as one of the most improved in the country but we will never rest on our laurels: we want to fulfil our promise to the community that we serve and will work tirelessly to make sure that we provide the very best start in life that we can.”