A Level Results
Students at Harris Academy Battersea are celebrating their A level results – the best the school has ever achieved. There was a 100% pass rate across all subjects, with many outstanding successes for individual students.
The academy was one of the top five schools in the entire country for progress in post-16 courses last year and was named the ‘Evening Standard School of the Year’ for academic excellence.
This year, it has achieved higher grades still:
- 90% of grades were C or above (an increase of 10% from last year)
- 61% of grades were B or above (an increase of 8% from last year)
- Over a quarter of students obtained an A-A* grade
In addition, the Progress made by our student from GCSE has placed us in the top 30 schools for each of the last three years that we have been open.
Among the students celebrating places at univeristy are:
- Teofil Aleksandrov, who reads Mathematics at Imperial. Teofil achieved 3 A* grades in Mathematics, Further Mathematics and Physics and two Grade 1s in his STEP papers. He also achieved a gold in the Physics Olympiad.
- Hassan Abdullah obtained 3 A grades in Chemistry, Maths and Physics. He will read Physics at Imperial.
- Najma Warsame will read Chemistry at University College London, having achieved 3 A grades in Chemistry, History and Mathematics.
Dr David Moody, Principal of Harris Academy Battersea, said:
“The quality of teaching in lessons is outstanding and the fluency with which students discuss academically challenging concepts is something that the school takes an immense amount of pride in.
They have worked so hard to prepare for these exams, sitting silently revising at exam desks from 3:30 pm until 6:00 pm each night since January. We want to deliver a private school education in a state school setting and this supervised prep time is just a small part of that commitment.
Students have met their A levels with an enthusiasm and sense of purpose that I have rarely seen before and there is an intensity to their focus that is humbling to watch. Equally humbling is the dedication of the staff; teachers have given up weekend after weekend and holiday after holiday to support the pupils.
It is this collective effort that makes Harris Academy Battersea such an outstanding school to work in, and it is a privilege to be a part of it.
As a school with one of the highest pupil premium figures in the country, our students’ success is a real cause for celebration.”