Virtual Learning - Using Teams
This page explains how we will make available to you the resources you need, should you need to study at home.
All pupils now have access to Microsoft Teams. You will find your classes, subjects or year groups are already allocated in MS Teams when you log on. You can download MS Teams onto your devices at home and your mobile for free.
How to access Microsoft Teams
View or download a guide on how to access email, OneDrive, Teams and other Office 365 apps.
How to upload work (from desktop)
How to upload work (from mobile)
Connecting to Teams via smart devices (including gaming boxes and Smart TVs)
As Microsoft Office 365 is accessible via any device that has an internet connection and a modern browser, it is possible to use MS Teams via a wide range of devices including gaming boxes and Smart TVs. Some older versions of browsers are not supported and you may need to upgrade.
To do this you need to:
- Turn on your device and open a Browser App, this will vary depending on your device but could be Edge, Chrome or various others.
- Browse to Office 365 by typing in the following URL http://office.com.
- Sign in to office.com with your normal @hfed.net username and password.
- If prompted to install an App, do not do this, just continue to use the site in the browser
- Once logged in you should see a “waffle” icon at the top left of the screen as below. Click on this and all the Office 365 Apps will be listed and then click on Teams. The Teams web client will open and then open the class team site as normal.
The video below is a useful resource, but you must use your normal @hfed.net username.
Please do remember our etiquette for remote learning and how we interact to support one another.
Planning your time
Creating a schedule is important. Having a structure will help you stay focused on your education and provide structure for your household too.
However, we are very aware that our suggested schedules may not work for every household. Please feel free to create a different schedule that works for your family. In fact, creating a schedule together can be very motivating and empowering. It also allows you to plan in any activities that are specific to your household, such as looking after younger siblings or helping to prepare food.
Please be realistic with your planning, and remember that this is an unprecedented situation. Please plan what works best for you and your family whilst giving your son or daughter the best opportunity to continue their education.