Parents and Carers Evenings
Every year, each Year Group will have a Parents and Carers Evening (PCE) intended to give all of our parents and carers an opportunity to meet each of their child's teachers to discuss the progress they are making in class.
At HABS, we organise our PCEs using SchoolCloud, an online system for scheduling and booking appointments.
You can access SchoolCloud at the link below:
When are our Parents and Carers Evenings?
The dates for our PCEs in 2023-24 are below:
|21st February 2024
|16th January 2024
|6th March 2024
|1st February 2024
|14th December 2023
|27th March 2024
|20th December 2023
How will Parents and Carers Evenings work?
For each evening:
- Parents and Carers will recieve a letter detailing arrangements and inviting them to book appointments online
- Parents and Carers can then access SchoolCloud using the details provided and book appointments manually or automatically.
- On the evening of the PCE, parents should arrive at least 10 minutes before their first appointment and sign in. For some Year Groups, there may be additional materials provided at this stage.
- Students must attend Parents and Carers evening with their parents.
- Teachers will be sat in department groups in the designated area. Each desk will have a name badge to help families find the correct teacher.
- Appointments will last 5 minutes, and there will be a 5 minute gap between each appointment for families to find their next appointment location.
- At the end of each 5 minutes, a bell will ring signalling the end of an appointment and the start of the next one.
- Should any families feel they wish to discuss things further with a teacher after their 5 minute appointment, they can arrange to contact the parent further after the PCE.
- At the end of the evening, each family is invited to fill out a short survey which can be handed in on their way out.