Careers education is about inspiration and aspiration as much as advice.
The central aim of Harris Academy Battersea is to provide effective education and training for all of our students. Through a well-structured and highly effective programme of careers education, we believe that all can achieve both in school and in adult life.
By working in partnership with external agencies, businesses and members of our community we will provide accurate and focussed careers information, advice and guidance tailored to the individual needs of our students, and thereby enable all of our students to make informed choices about their career pathways.
All students are entitled to a careers programme that helps them access information and guidance about higher education, training and employment opportunities, as well as developing their personal and enterprise skills to improve their employability.
Students will hear from a range of local providers about the opportunities they offer, including technical education and apprenticeships – through options events, assemblies and group discussions and taster events.
They will benefit from a curriculum rich in information about careers and the world of work - and one which challenges stereotypes and discrimination, and promotes equality and diversity in training and in the workplace.
We are working towards a programe of careers education that meets all the Gatsby Benchmarks - a framework of eight guidelines that define the best careers provision in schools and colleges.
- A stable careers programme
- Learning from career and labour market information
- Addressing the needs of each pupil
- Linking curriculum learning to careers
- Encounters with employers and employees
- Experiences of workplaces
- Encounters with further and higher education
- Personal guidance
The careers team at Harris Academy Battersea is:
- Sat Sangha - Careers Lead, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel 020 7622 0026
- Tom Bass - Careers and Enrichment, Years 10-13
- Lucus Griffith-Wilkins - Careers and Enrichment, Years 7-9
- Hetal Joshi - Careers Advisor
Calendared careers days 2019-21
Our school careers days for this academic year.
- Whole school careers day - Wednesday 11th December 2019
- Year 10 careers day - Friday 8th November 2019
- Year 9 careers day - Tuesday 3rd March 2020
- Year 8 careers day - Tuesday 2nd June 2020
- Year 7 careers day - Monday 6th July 2020
You can download our Careers Policy from the Teaching and Learning page of our website.