Looking After Your Wellbeing
It is very important to look after your mental health when you are also having to cope with a new and unusual situation. Talking about how you are feeling with someone you trust can really help.
This page has a few helpful resources to help you look after your wellbeing in the weeks ahead. We'll add to them in the coming days so you always feel supported. Remember, please do contact a teacher too if you feel you need support with your wellbeing.
- Five ways to improve your wellbeing. Download our assembly presentation from November 2019.
- Student wellbeing booklet. Identity, Love, Belonging, Courage Plan - complete this special booklet to help you reflect on what matters to you, and why you should be proud of who you are.
- Here is a list of mental health support services for children and young people but please do contact a teacher too if you feel you need support with your wellbeing.
- Coping with self-isolation - tips from DISCOVER to help keep yourself occupied and tools to use to take care of your mental well-being and stay grounded.
- More self-isolation tips from DISCOVER
- Carney's Community Wellbeing Pack - "The mind and body are not separate. What affects one, affects the other." Wellbeing tips, fitness ideas to try at home, useful organisations, and more
- Tips on how teens can manage anxiety over the coronavirus outbreak. See also the teen tips poster.
- Tips for how parents can manage their teenager’s mental health whilst maintaining their own during the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Advice for young people who have to social distance or self-isolate due to COVID-19.
For safeguarding reasons, teachers are not permitted to give out their telephone numbers but pupils will be able to email into the school, and the school switchboard will continue to be operational.
If during a temporary closure of the school you or your child need to reach us, our telephone number is 020 7622 0026 and our email address is email@example.com.
The most urgent enquiries, including safeguarding issues for any vulnerable pupils, will be answered first. If your enquiry is not urgent, please bear with us if there is a delay in responding.
Our safeguarding policy and school closure safeguarding procedures can be downloaded from the bottom of the safeguarding page of our website.