Posted on January 6th 2021
Connecting to Teams Via Gaming Boxes
As Microsoft Office 365 is accessible via any device that has an internet connection and a modern browser, it is possible to use MS Teams via a wide range of devices including gaming boxes and Smart TVs.
Click HERE to see details of how to access Teams on desktops and mobiles too.
Some older versions of browsers are not supported and you may need to upgrade.
To access MS teams via a Smart TV or gaming box you need to:
- Turn on your device and open a Browser App, this will vary depending on your device but could be Edge, Chrome or various others.
- Browse to Office 365 by typing in the following URL http://office.com.
- Sign in to office.com with your normal @hfed.net username and password.
- If prompted to install an App, do not do this, just continue to use the site in the browser
- Once logged in you should see a “waffle” icon at the top left of the screen as below. Click on this and all the Office 365 Apps will be listed and then click on Teams. The Teams web client will open and then open the class team site as normal.
The video below is a useful resource, but you must use your normal @hfed.net username.
Please do remember our etiquette for remote learning and how we interact to support one another.